Our walk provides vital funds to keep local organizations open and providing services to those who need it the most. All proceeds go towards lifesaving services for people living with HIV and AIDS here in Atlanta.
The funds you raise and your participation will help local organizations:
- Provide care and services for people living with HIV and AIDS.
- Implement and expand free testing services through mobile testing units and other programs in Atlanta.
- Support educational efforts to prevent the spread of HIV and AIDS and reduce societal stigma.
- Provide free or low-cost medical care for HIV positive people in need.
- Help produce a walk and festival that reinforces our sense of community and reminds us that we can do amazing things when we stand united against HIV and AIDS.
Join us and make a real difference for those in need.
Raised So Far:
Need help getting started? We put together a helpful list of fundraising tips and tricks to support your fundraising efforts.
- Start fundraising early. It never hurts to be the first to email your friends and family to make the ask. Use one of the sample emails in your Participant Center to get started.
- Change your Facebook cover photo to the AIDS Walk Atlanta banner. Download our images for Facebook here.
- Post on social media and ask your friends and family to make a donation to your personal fundraising page. Download our social media conversation bubbles here.
- Tweet out your fundraising appeal or post one of our social squares on Instagram or Facebook. Download our images for Instagram here.
- Create a Fundraising Event: Put together a yard sale, car wash, or dinner party to help raise funds.
- Ask your donors to ask their employer for a matching gift.
- Host a Virtual Fundraiser
Consider hosting a virtual fundraising event, such as a virtual dance party, trivia night, or game night. You can sell tickets to the event or ask for donations from participants. This is a great way to engage your supporters and raise funds while still practicing social distancing.
- Make Thank You Calls
Show your appreciation to your donors by making thank you calls. This personal touch can go a long way in building stronger relationships with your supporters and encouraging future donations.
- Participate in Corporate Matching Programs
Check with your employer to see if they offer a corporate matching program. This is a great way to double your fundraising efforts and make an even bigger impact in your community.
- Make it personal.
Share your story and explain why you are participating in AIDS Walk Atlanta. By making it personal and explaining why you are passionate about the cause, you can inspire others to donate and join your efforts.
- Offer an incentive.
Consider offering an incentive for people who donate to your personal fundraising page. For example, you could pledge to run an extra mile for every $50 raised or offer to make a personalized thank-you video for donors who give over a certain amount.
- Host a virtual fitness challenge.
Encourage friends and family to support you by participating in a virtual fitness challenge. Participants can commit to a certain number of steps or miles walked, run, or biked during the month leading up to the walk. You can set up a fundraising page for your challenge and encourage participants to share their progress on social media using a hashtag specific to your challenge.
Problems downloading our tools? If you are using Google Chrome, right-click on the link and choose "save link as" to save the download on your computer. Or use a different browser.